WHOLESALE Teal Blue Green Sapphires
While blue sapphires are incredibly beautiful, in the recent past teal blue-green sapphires have stolen the show. The unique marine hue, which is a fascinating combination of serene blue and mysterious green is the perfect gemstone for the 21st century as people are always looking to strike the perfect balance in their lives. Inherently tough and durable as are all sapphires, this rare colour mutation can never fail to disappoint an adventurous heart. If you are looking to purchase an excellent teal blue- green sapphire, also known as the peacock or party sapphire, you are in the right place. Let’s get to know all about this beautiful gemstone.
WHY ARE TEAL BLUE GREEN SAPPHIRES SO UNIQUE?
(Image source: ©Nigel Key Eurasian Teal (Slimbridge March 2014)
Interestingly, “Teal” was termed a colour only at the beginning of the 20 th century. Before that, it referred to the common teal, which is basically a Eurasian duck. These Eurasian teal ducks have a characteristic bluish- green stripe around their eye, which segregates it from other species. Once teal sapphires the discovered with their typical dark cyan hue, the term “Teal Sapphires” stuck naturally.
Lanka, Mozambique, Madagascar, Ethiopia, Nigeria and Kashmir. However, for teal blue sapphires, the
location and specifics of the mines are completely different. Our unique blue-green bicoloured sapphires
come from exclusive mines in Australia where each stone has a different blue- green ratio. Most stones
are 80/20, 70/30 or even a 60/40 ratio of different shades of blue and green. For the perfect teal
colored stone, we seek a 50/50 ratio of royal blue and dark green, making a dark cyan– the rarest of all
the color combinations. Every step in our process chain is focused at enhancing this unique peacock or
oceanic hue of the teal sapphires.
Teal: Page 101 Plate 39 Color Sample L7)
exclusively ethically mined in Australia. These Australian teal sapphire mines are closely regulated to make all
our stones ethically sourced and verifiable. Read on to learn about our ethically sourced blue- green party
THE PROCESS CHAIN
Because of the uniqueness of the teal blue green sapphires, it has a unique handling process that is designed around highlighting the rare dreamy ocean green colour that is characteristic of this stone. At Navneet Gems, we ensure a strict quality process that ensures the purity and high quality of our stones – however we must have all types of qualities to fit all needs.
- Ethical Sourcing: One of our principle policies is ethical processing of precious stones from the very beginning of the process. The rough cut teal sapphires are sourced from family run traditional mines in various locations in Australia and Africa which ensure implementation of fair mining policies. Conflict free sapphires are devoid of child labor, bonded labor, slavery or local conflict and contribute greatly to the economy of that area. Our very personal involvement in the buying of these rare teal sapphires ensures that their origins are verified, identified and traceable.
- Treatment: Once we receive the rough cut of the peacock sapphires, the complete treatment procedure is carried on at our factory. While some stones are naturally very beautiful and human hands cannot do much to better them, most stones need some form of heat treatment. The former is termed as unheated stones whereas the latter is termed as heat treated stones.
Heat treatment is again of two categories. The first, traditional method includes heating the rough cut bicolor blue- green sapphire to high temperatures of 400- 500 ˚ C and regulating the temperature to achieve a desirable hue. The second method includes introduction of glass, foreign substance into the stone matrix, essentially turning the aluminous base into a siliceous one. At our factory we consider the second method an utter blasphemy and only carry out the traditional treatment of 100% pure natural teal sapphire.
- Cutting: Our factory in the heart of Bangkok, Thailand is a state of the art facility where expert craftsmen undertake the intricate process of cutting each stone. To allow sapphires to reflect maximum light and brilliance, the stones are delicately cut below their critical angle after careful measurement of their reflectance angle. We try to preserve as much as the meet points as possible to not distract from the sapphire’s natural beauty.
Throughout the process the sea green sapphires are treated by highly trained professionals who work in a hygienic, safety- regulated and ethical environment. Every craftsman is hand- picked for their very specific set of the skills, giving us a wide variety of talent to work with. Fair trade and wages with regular quality control checks ensure that every employee is content, promoting a better standard of work.
CHOOSING THE PERFECT TEAL / BLUE-GREEN / PARTY SAPPHIRE:
While buying from an experienced and trusted source, like Navneet Gems and Minerals, is one of the best ways to get your sapphire valued, there can be a few ways that Anyone can make sure that they are getting the real deal.
1. Color: The most significant factor about the teal sapphires is their unique sea green colour. Since most of these stones exhibit a colour changing property or metamerism, i.e., the ability to look like a different colour in different lights, you have to examine the stone in different lighting conditions. The best light to check it out in is outdoor evening light or in ambient natural light, along with additional checks in fluorescent or daylight. What you have to be looking for is a deep sea green or bluish-green colour. In some very rare cases, when the light changes, the teal sapphire changes to a completely blue or green colour, or even purple in the rarest occasions, making them very valuable. However for it to qualify as a peacock sapphire, the primary lighting colour has to be teal.
2. Clarity: Most stones have some inclusions of some kind like crystal, fibre, bubble or feather that have been naturally embedded into them through the process of formation. While these are mostly considered imperfections that can lower the value of the stone, your purchase is a subjective matter since some consider the inclusions beautiful. In general if these inclusions are “macro”, as in readily visible to the naked eye, you might want to reconsider. Incase these are “micro” and are visible only under a jeweler’s loupe, you’ve got yourself a great teal sapphire!
3. Cut: The cut is a tricky one. The rule of thumb is Sure for Symmetry. Not matter what the shape of your peacock sapphire is, be it oval, round or square, it should be symmetrical and polished. The most common is the oval cut, while we also house some pears and rounds at Navneet Gems. Steer clear of large clear spaces in the middle of the stone called “windows” where light doesn’t bounce off and there is low activity. An expert will also look out for meet angle and the cut below the critical angle of the stone, all determinants of beauty and hence value of the stone.
4. Carat: This is completely buyer-dependent. We at Navneet Gems deliver teal coloured sapphires ranging from 1- 5 carats in both heated and unheated types. While our most popular bicolor blue-green sapphires are oval 5/3 – 6/4 cut, we also have pear and round shaped sapphires.
THE MILLENIAL ENGAGEMENT RING – SAPPHIRE FOR SURE
The 21st century has seen a major change in engagement ring statistics. Diamonds are no longer the go-to stone for most youngsters. Interestingly sapphires have become the front runners as the stone of choice for engagement rings. While it’s a 50-50 bid between blue sapphires and teal sapphires, the latter,i.e., teal or party sapphires are becoming increasing popular because of their unique one-of-a-kind colour.
So why are teal sapphires killing it in the engagement sapphire market?
- Obvious beauty: The beautiful blend of blue and green, which is unique to each stone is a hard score to match. Gorgeous in themselves, they can be set in a simple band to showcase their pure, unadulterated beauty or set with other stones to be a total knockout!
- Affordability and Durability: For a comparable size and quality, teal sapphires can cost upto 50-60% less than a royal blue or cornflower blue sapphire. Sapphires are also some of the hardest stones known to man, which makes them extremely durable and wear-resistant. It isn’t a surprise therefore that these blue- green sapphires tick all the boxes for millennials. Great Quality and Longevity and AMAZING prices!
- Ethically Sourced: With concerns about ethically sourced stones and stones mined in conflict areas, the big question that many ask nowadays before they embark on their journey of a lifetime is – are the beautiful stones which are supposed to signify the purity of love and harmony, the result of slave or child labour, unfair wages and inhumane living conditions? With more and more people moving away from diamonds with an unverifiable source, teal sapphires which are primarily mined from family owned artisanal mines in Africa and Australia, bring immense economic benefits to smaller communities where they have been mined.
- Briny Beauty: The first impression of the green and blue bi-color sapphire is that of the breathtaking ocean. Imagine carrying a piece of the ocean with you, a symbol of infinity, power and tremendous potential – everything that a long, happily married life should be.
If your heart is still set on an effervescent blue sapphire, here is all you need to know about them: https://navneetgems.blogspot.com/2016/08/blue-sapphire-gemstones-luck-and-beauty.html
Sapphires are beautiful, serene stones that come in a variety of hues and values. One of our most popular creation is the multi sapphire tennis bracelet. If peacock blue green sapphires haven’t stolen your heart yet have a look here:
HOW TO ORDER A TEAL BLUE- GREEN SAPPHIRE WITH NAVNEET GEMS AND MINERALS:
We understand the significance of the investment on a precious stone and work our hardest to bring to you flawless teal sapphires that can make an occasion memorable. All of our blue- green sapphires are ethically sourced from conflict free areas, hence traceable and of an incredibly exceptional quality. Depending on the colour, clarity, cut and carat our prices range from 30$ to 1500$ depending upon the stone of your choice.
We also offer wholesale price to jewelers and dealers and are very interested in working individually with companies. You can contact us at email@example.com and head over to https://www.navneetgems.com/contact-us/ for any more queries. When you order a teal sapphire shipment with Navneet Gems we promise:
- Excellent cuts which meets and goes above and beyond the industry standards.
- A variation of medium toned green and blue colour at a 50- 50 ratio while some may incline towards either colour a little bit more. This would completely be your choice.
- Internally flawless teal sapphires.
- Retail price for bulk orders.
We regularly post pictures of our beautiful teal sapphire collection on Instagram. Follow us on https://www.instagram.com/navneetgemscom/ for more updates.