When it comes to investment in gemstones then we always think of the Big 3; Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald, moreover ruby is the safest investment so far after analyzing the figures. We are mentioning below different points –
– Evergreen gemstone – Ruby gemstone is not posted, ruby has been the king of all gemstones for a long time. The demand for ruby gemstones is continuous and supply has always been low and this unstable economical structure always keeps the rubies prices up, in the next segment we will show you the graph of ruby prices.
– Every year increasing prices – Here is the price per carat for big size ruby pieces
– Which are investment rubies – 1.5 carats up rubies from Burma which come in “pigeon red blood color” is said to be investment pieces. If you want to make a safe investment then always look for eye-clean quality with strong red color. One should never buy a pink shade or purple tint ruby pieces for investment purposes. It is very difficult to get a completely transparent piece with very strong color and 100% clarity so one piece which is medium transparent, good color, and eye clean is good for investment purposes. Another big factor is cutting that should be excellent, never buy a shallow or deep cut piece.
View this post on Instagram
Many people are confused about HEATING of rubies, heating which is accepted in the market and all heated rubies are completely natural. Heating treatment is performed on rubies to enhance the color. Only a few unheated rubies come in good color and quality so you can take heated ruby for investment purposes.
Things to take care of when buying ruby –
1. In the modern era, gemologists have invented a glass filled ruby treatment a few years ago in which “borax” is filled in internal fractures and breakage that affects the gem and highly improves the quality, clarity, and color. Glass filled rubies are counted in certified as natural ruby although prices are very low as compared to heated and unheated natural rubies. Synthetic and lab-grown rubies are also running in the market so you should take care of that also.
2. Evergreen gemstone – Ruby gemstone is not posted, ruby has been the king of all gemstones for a long time. The demand for ruby gemstones is continuous and supply has always been low and this unstable economical structure always keeps the rubies prices up, in the next segment we will show you the graph of ruby prices.
3. When you buy wholesale ruby, this is highly recommended that you should always ask for an authentic certificate from the seller, certified from GIA, GRS, AIGS, or any reputed laboratory.
4. Understanding Clarity for ruby. All-natural gemstones host small inclusions. These inclusions can be anything from small gas bubbles, liquid, or trace amounts of other minerals which appear as cracks or lines through the stone. While checking the clarity of ruby, the most important factor is to look out for visible inclusions. If the ruby is eye-clean or has inclusions in hidden areas, then this will not affect the beauty of the stone.
You can also check: How to check for glass-filled ruby within 30 seconds?
Where to buy investment rubies from – We are showing a chart of rubies from mining to selling and it shows that mining of rubies are available in Myanmar (Mogok and Mong Hsu) and then it goes to Mae sot and Mae sai rough market for selling and in the final stage it comes to Bangkok, Thailand for cutting and polishing.